Thursday, March 4, 2010

Feeding Cows

One day, I decided it'd be fun to go with Justin while he did chores for awhile. I don't know if I'd call it fun, but... I did take a few pictures while we were out feeding cows. He made Macy and I get out while he picked up the first load of bales.


That's ok. I got to take pictures. Then we jumped back in to head into the pasture. Justin said I either had to open the gate or drive the tractor through. Since it was all muddy, I really didn't want to get out of the tractor, but I didn't want to drive it through either. He said all I had to do was push this lever


and then just drive on through. Not as easy as it sounds. Really. Despite growing up on a farm, my tractor driving experience is very limited. Very.
Once that heart attack was over, we had to drive down to the creek bottom, where the cows winter. Waay down. Another slight heart attack.


They were hungry cows.


Lots of them.


After feeding the first eight bales, Justin got a call and had to hurry up because they needed the loader at home. I'm really not disappointed about not getting to ride along while he fed the last sixteen bales. That's a lot of hay.

And next time I think about going to help out at the ranch, I'm going to make sure I really know what's going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment