Saturday, March 29, 2014

P90X3 Results and Review

I may have a new favorite Beachbody program.

Ok... it's a toss up. I have loved the challenge of Insanity ever since I first started the program. Once I heard about the new P90X3, I thought I had better give this Tony Horton guy a chance. Personality-wise, about as different from Shaun T as they come, but I thought I'd give it a try.

And man am I glad I did.

Rewind to last fall. I had to quit working out due to a back injury. Then I went to North Dakota for work for two weeks and ate out every day, and did NOT make good decisions. Oh well. I'm human. Then the holidays came, I was still trying to let this back injury heal... not good. I stepped on the scale nearly 20 pounds higher than were I was at my lowest and a good 15 from where most of my clothes fit comfortablly. In a decade I was determined I would NEVER see again. I NEEDED the structure of this program.

P90X3 has 4 different programs to follow, based on what you want out of it-Classic, Mass, Lean, and Doubles (if you're crazy or something). It took a lot of thinking, but in the end Justin pointed out that I would be going right from X3 to half marathon training, and the extra cardio of the lean program would probably help me out. I don't know if that's true or not, but it made sense to me at the time so I decided to go for it!

The thing I love the most about this program is you do NOT get bored with the workouts! There are 16 different ones, and with the way it is broken up into 3 phases, things get changed up in a hurry. I think I had a new favorite workout every month! All I needed for equipment was a few dumbbells (I used 5-12 lbs, wish I had heavier ones for some of the workouts but definitely got by with what I had) and resistance bands attached to a door frame (I got a special strap from Dick's Sporting Goods) instead of a pull up bar, since there is nowhere to put one in our house.

The changes I have noticed in my body are crazy! Aside from the before and after pictures, I can tell I am so much stronger. I even have definition in my biceps, which I have never had before!

I compared my measurements from now to when I finished Insanity just over a year ago. I'm still 5 pounds heavier, but my measurements are right where they were after Insanity! And that means more muscle!






       
       

       


No comments:

Post a Comment