Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Life Update + I Ran a Half Marathon

Well it has been about 4 months so it's probably time to dust off the blog... I really do have a fairly good reason for neglecting it-last time I posted was in the middle of boys basketball season, which stretched into March, and then BOOM we moved back to Reliance, South Dakota. We had always said we'd like to get back to the area someday, never thought it would be so soon though! Justin had an opportunity to return to his old job and we decided to take advantage of it, even if I was unsure of what my future would hold.

Luckily things lined up just right, and I found a job I am loving as a crop insurance adjuster, and jumped into that position two whole days after I returned to South Dakota from finishing up basketball season in Wyoming. Needless to say, it has been a crazy four months! I love the interaction with the farmers in the area, and have ran into several of them in the past in my agronomy days. I'm not so crazy about all of the driving time, but I'm thankful for my XM radio!

Justin has now been calving for four months, since we were calving heifers out in Wyoming in February. Luckily, the end is in sight for him and he is now getting ready to brand, and then start haying. Sooo maybe there isn't much of an end for him!

And now the really crazy part--I survived my first half marathon! I probably didn't get to run as much as I should have in the few weeks before due to my work schedule being a little on the crazy side (I spent a week and a half living in a hotel), but I did stick to getting my long runs in. I was a little disappointed in my official time of 2:32:40, but my time on my Garmin said 2:30:06 which is pretty darn close to my goal of 2:30! I heard other people say they thought the course was a little long too. I learned my lesson though-I'm pretty sure that when my iPod Shuffle is plugged in and my laptop is asleep, the charge drains back out. It lasted a whole mile... talk about a let-down! Luckily I had some music downloaded to my phone and plugged into that-it wasn't my running playlist but at least it was something! And yes, I'm already looking to see when I can sign up for my next race :) This summer is shaping up to be a busy one!

Sandra, my mother-in-law, and her friend Pat walked the race too!

No comments:

Post a Comment