Friday, November 9, 2012

Insanity Update

I'm more than halfway through Insanity! And still surviving-most days. This week I started the Max workouts and they are a definite step up from the first month, but I definitely was ready for the step up.

The first month's workouts were tough, but towards the end I think my body was getting used to it and looking forward to mixing it up. Recovery week was NOT was I expected it to be! I was expecting a much slower pace than what it was, but it was still a little bit of a step down.

Now-for the fit test results from Day 1 to Day 36.



Day 1 Day 36 Change
Switch Kicks 53 65 12
Power Jacks 40 48 8
Power Knees 56 90 34
Power Jumps 20 27 7
Globe Jumps 8 11 3
Suicide Jumps 10 13 3
Push-up Jacks 16 23 7
Low Plank Oblique 20 50 30

My goal was to improve from my first test 20% and I either met or exceeded that goal on every move! The fit test is a major workout in itself-when Justin and I do it we are both pushing so hard to beat our last score (and each other!).

I lost 6 1/2" and 6.5 lbs in the first month of Insanity. I thought that was pretty good-and then I added up Justin's measurements... he lost 13 1/2" and 7.5 lbs-wow!

Here's a before and after picture. Top is Nov. 4th, bottom is Oct. 1st.


I'm looking forward to seeing what happens after the next month (or 3 weeks and 2 days, to be exact). I've decided that I'm giving up sweets for the next ten days to see if that helps push me along. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment