Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm sure you all want to know more about me



Well since Emilie at Inch by inch and step by step nominated me for the Liebster award, you get to learn more about me whether you like it or not!

The premise behind the award is simple.  It's awarded to bloggers by bloggers, specifically with a following (as I understand it) of under 200 people.  It's basically a way to recognize the blogs that you really like to follow and get other people reading those blogs too!

Since I've been nominated I have to tell you 11 things about me. Then, I have to answer 11 questions that Emilie asked me, and nominate 11 other people for the award, and ask them 11 questions! Sounds like fun!
So... here's 11 things you may or may not know about me.

1. I spent a semester at Luther College in Iowa, halfway thru the semester I decided that I'm a farm girl at heart and needed to pursue a career in Agriculture. So, once I finished out the semester I transferred to South Dakota State and majored in Agricultural Business.

2. Basketball has always been a HUGE part of my life. My senior season of high school was probably the highlight of my life-as a team we were the runner-up at the state tournament, I was All-State HM, All-Conference, All-Area, and scored over 1000 points in my high school career. (Yeah I'm bragging a little)

3. I don't drink beer, and I really shouldn't touch vodka.

4. My usual XM channel rotation consists of The Highway (Country), Prime Country, and 80's on 8. Totally threw you with the last one, didn't I? Once in awhile I'll throw in The Blend or The Pulse.

5. I'm absolutely obsessed with the game Solitaire Blitz on Facebook.

6. My go-to brands are Ariat for boots, Cowgirl Tuff for jeans, and Under Armour for workout gear.

7. I am a SUPER competitive person, in just about everything. It bugs the crap out of me that Justin always gets more reps than I do on the Insanity Fit test! Everything from board games, to Wii, I love competing. I think this may be the one thing that will help me start/stick with running.

8. I've always been a picky eater and I just can't get past it!

9. I HATE putting clothes away. I always let it pile up and then do a big clothes-putting-away session. We won't talk about how often (or not) it happens.

10. I took piano lessons for 8 years when I was younger, and can (kind of) still play.

11. My cousin Becky is my best friend-if we don't chat with each other throughout the day at work, our days are pretty lonely!

And now my answers to Emilie's 11 questions

1. What is your first and most clear childhood memory that you have? Oh wow-tough one! Probably riding my John Deere tricycle through the barn when it was brand new.


2. If money and time were not issues, where would you travel to and why? I would go to Vegas for all 10 days of the NFR and buy a whole new wardrobe and more at Cowboy Christmas.


3. When you were little, what did you want to be when you 'growed' up? A waitress was the first thing I remember! Don't know why!


4. Where did you have your first kiss4? Outside the "little gym" at the East Chain school


5. What is the one thing in this world that no amount of money or coaxing could ever make you do? There are probably a lot of things! One that comes to mind is there are a lot of foods I would never eat.


6. What challenge will you conquer in 2013? Staying skinny!


7. If you woke up on a deserted island tomorrow morning, what are the 3 most important things you'd want with you and why? My phone (I do everything on it), an unlimited supply of drinking water (you need it to survive), and Justin (the most amazing guy ever!)


8. Who do you not want to ever read your blog and why? I can't think of anyone-it's pretty family friendly!


9. What was the catalyst that led you to blogging? I started blogging to help promote my photography business (yeah that one that has gotten pushed to the side lately)


10. What's the one life lesson you hope to teach your children/nieces/nephews? The value of hard work! It is something that unfortunately is going by the wayside in this society!


11. Where is your favourite (yes Emilie is from Canada-we'll let it slide :)) place in the whole, entire world? Oh wow, there are several that come to mind, but if I had to choose just one it would be the Black Hills of South Dakota.

The 11 people I nominate are: YOU! Yes-I am going to break the rules and nominate everybody who reads this post :)

And my 11 questions for you are:

1. If you could have any career, what would it be?

2. If somebody gave you $1000 right now, what would you do with it?

3. What is your current favorite song?

4. If somebody were to write your biography, what would the title be?

5. What was your best birthday?

6. If you had to travel to one place for a month, where would you go?

7. What is your favorite month of the year and why?

8. What is something you enjoy doing that others may think is a chore or boring?

9. What is the most exciting event you have ever witnessed?

10. What is your favorite Christmas song of all time? Yes-I know it’s a little early for this.

11. What is one future event you would really like to know the outcome of?

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment