Sunday, August 5, 2012

I am not a morning person.

I am not a morning person. Not at all. So when my husband informed me that we are leaving at 5:30 tomorrow morning to preg-check heifers (aka see if they are pregnant and how far along they are), you can imagine my reaction.

Normally, I let the guys go out and gather whatever herd we will be working that day, then just follow in another pickup about an hour or so later. Unfortunately, these girls are on the other side of the ranch, a good 30 miles away, and I haven't been to that part of the ranch yet. Justin tried giving me directions (go up the road to so & so's house, then head down SA road until you get to so & so's ranch, then take a right and the road turns to a two track after awhile...) but I think for all that I'll just get up and head out with the guys and take a nap in the truck while they gather the heifers :) There's no way I'll be awake enough at that point in time to ride a horse.

Just another day at the ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment